The Online Elementary Reading Academy takes the best of CORE’s nationally acclaimed Teaching Reading Sourcebook and packages it into a facilitated, seven-session asynchronous, online course. The course teaches educators the essential components of reading instruction with clear and explicit models immediately applicable to the classroom. Download the syllabus.
- Highly engaging sessions, completed on your own time during the course dates.
- Utilize a variety of learning strategies including video, narrated screencasts, role playing/simulation, online discussions, and more!
- Direct access to course facilitators.
- Course fees include the nationally recognized textbooks, Teaching Reading Sourcebook and Assessing Reading: Multiple Measures.
- Earn optional graduate college credit
The course is divided into seven sessions:
- Week 1 – Orientation
- Week 2 – The Structure of Language
- Week 3 – Phonemic Awareness, Explicit Phonics Instruction and Irregular Word Reading
- Week 4 – Multisyllabic Word Reading and Fluency
- Week 5 – Vocabulary
- Week 6 – Comprehension
- Week 7 – Reading Assessment for Effective Instruction
$600 per participant. Fees include all materials.
Class section minimum of 12, not to exceed 25. For group discounts, please contact Mark Simmons at email@example.com.
College Credit Option: Participants may receive 3 Graduate Credits for an additional cost of $575. Requirements include successful completion of the course and completion of additional assignments for a total of 135 hours.
Read an evaluation of the Online Elementary Reading Academy.
Read why CORE’s professional learning and reading academies are so effective.