The Online Elementary Reading Academy takes the best of CORE’s nationally acclaimed Teaching Reading Sourcebook and packages it into a facilitated, seven-session asynchronous, online course. The course teaches educators the essential components of reading instruction with clear and explicit models immediately applicable to the classroom. Download the syllabus.
- Highly engaging sessions, completed on your own time during the course dates.
- Utilize a variety of learning strategies including video, narrated screencasts, role playing/simulation, online discussions, and more!
- Direct access to course facilitators.
- Course fees include the nationally recognized textbooks, Teaching Reading Sourcebook and Assessing Reading: Multiple Measures.
- Earn optional graduate college credit
The course is divided into seven sessions:
- Week 1 – Orientation
- Week 2 – The Structure of Language
- Week 3 – Phonemic Awareness, Explicit Phonics Instruction and Irregular Word Reading
- Week 4 – Multisyllabic Word Reading and Fluency
- Week 5 – Vocabulary
- Week 6 – Comprehension
- Week 7 – Reading Assessment for Effective Instruction
$600 per participant. End of Year Special! $500 per participant for the course starting on April 27. Fees include all materials.
Class section minimum of 12, not to exceed 30. For group discounts, please contact Mark Simmons at email@example.com.
College Credit Option 1: Participants may receive 3 graduate level semester extension units for an additional cost of $285. These units are typically used for salary advancement. There are no additional requirements beyond successful completion of the course for a total of 45 hours.
College Credit Option 2: Participants may receive 3 Graduate Credits for an additional cost of $575. Requirements include successful completion of the course and completion of additional assignments for a total of 135 hours.
Read an evaluation of the Online Elementary Reading Academy.
Read why CORE’s professional learning and reading academies are so effective.