Early Literacy Planning & Implementation Collaboration
Our Early Literacy Planning and Implementation Collaborative (ELPIC) provides school teams with the tools and skills they need to develop powerful plans to improve early literacy.
What Is ELPIC?
ELPIC builds educators’ knowledge of evidence-based reading practices and creates opportunities to reflect on current practices and data. This enables teachers to identify student needs and adapt instruction to improve proficiency in reading and writing. We call this the Literacy Action Blueprint.
We help teachers improve reading outcomes by building a shared knowledge base and focusing on high-quality materials and pedagogy. We do this through an interactive learning series and aligned coaching.
- Center Equity — We focus on how to change instruction, not what students can’t do.
- Understand Root Cause — We build a root cause analysis from evidence-based practices, reflections on current practices, and student data.
- Learn Your Needs — We provide the structure and time for teams to consider what K-3 teachers need to improve literacy outcomes.
- Develop Your Literacy Action Blueprint — An effective Literacy Action Blueprint contains clear goals and specific action steps to achieve them.
- Develop actionable Literacy Action Blueprints.
- Learn processes that promote communication, collaboration, and support.
- Build knowledge of effective evidence-based practices in early literacy.
- Co-construct a Literacy Action Blueprint that works for them and their students.
Get in touch
Contact CORE to learn more about how ELPIC can help you improve early literacy teaching outcomes.