Spend Some Time with 1 to 9 was designed by teachers, for teachers. These supplemental math activities fuse the latest in lesson design theory with practical classroom experience. The problem sets are designed to build fluency and number sense while requiring students to think about mathematical relationships.
Features of Spend Some Time with 1 to 9:
- Fun yet challenging problems: Activities are designed to build confidence and perseverance in your students as they become comfortable putting numbers together and taking them apart.
- Common Core State Standards alignment: Activities blend the mathematical practice and content standards, which are identified for each activity.
- Differentiated instruction: Multiple entry and exit points allow learners of varying levels to successfully solve problems.
- Flexible and extendable activities: Problems work for multiple grade levels and feature suggested prompts, questions, and ways you can further engage your students.
- Solutions: No guesswork because we provide solutions for every problem.
- Online prep quizzes: Optional web-based quizzes prep students for the activities.
- The K-8 edition consists of 25 activities working with whole numbers, rational numbers, and geometric figures.
- The 6-12 edition consists of 20 activities that include building fluency with fractions, proportions, algebraic expressions, and geometric concepts.
Make math fun while you build fluency and number sense. Spend Some Time with 1 to 9 facilitates deep learning with active and engaging practice.
Thank you for your patience! Due to continued disruptions in supply chains and shipping from our publisher’s warehouse, book delivery times have been extended. Orders should arrive in 2–3 weeks. Expedited shipping is not available at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience and will do our best to get your order to you as soon as possible.
Yes, CORE accepts purchase orders on orders over $500. Please submit your purchase order through our Purchase Order Submission Form. Download our W-9 here.
Please allow up to 30 days to receive your invoice. If you have not yet received it by then, please email email@example.com.
Please allow up to 2-3 weeks to receive your order upon placement.
Due to the volume of orders, we are unable to automatically provide tracking for small orders (less than 20 items). If you have not received your order within 3 weeks of placement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No, we are unable to offer expedited shipping at this time.
Please email email@example.com and provide the email address you used for the order and a list of the items ordered.
Our publisher handles desk copy requests and sales to the college/university market.
The specific links to request a desk copy are below:
CORE Assessing Reading: Multiple Measures
CORE Teaching Reading Sourcebook
Sales to university and college bookstores are handled directly through our publisher, Academic Therapy. Visit their website or contact them directly at (415) 883-3314.
International book orders are handled directly through our publisher, Academic Therapy. Please refer to this page on their website or contact them directly at (415) 883-3314.
Within one (1) week of receiving you order, if any items are damaged or missing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Order number
- Items originally ordered (or attach your confirmation e-mail which contains this information)
- Items missing from order. If an item is damaged, please include a photo of the damaged item.
- How many boxes came in your order
We will work with you to get replacements as needed.
We accept returns initiated within one (1) week of receiving your order. All items are subject to a 20% restocking fee based on the full purchase price, excluding shipping and tax. You will be responsible for return shipping costs. Please email email@example.com for instructions on how to return an item.
Orders are processed on a rolling basis, and we cannot guarantee cancellation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your order has been processed. Unprocessed orders can be cancelled. Orders that are already in process cannot be cancelled and you will have to go through the return process which involves a 20% restocking fee as well as responsibility for return shipping fees (see above).