Improve Instruction and Academic Achievement for Students with Disabilities
Across the nation, wide achievement gaps persist between students with disabilities and those without. Many special education teachers are not adequately prepared to teach reading and math. Until they are, the gap between general education and special education students will remain. CORE works with special education teachers and paraprofessionals to build their instructional skills so that they have the same expertise in evidence-based reading and math practices as general education teachers.
Our on-site, job-embedded professional learning provides:
- Personalized training in the science of how to teach math and reading, particularly to students with learning difficulties, including dyslexia
- Instruction on integrating high-leverage practices (HLPs) into instruction
- Assistance identifying and implementing evidence-based curricula, appropriate materials and assessments
- Coaching, including modeling lessons, analyzing data, reviewing IEPs, and setting goals for robust student outcomes
- Guidance to establish processes to reduce the over-identification of students in need of special education services and the over-representation of English learners and children of color
Need assistance to evaluate and improve your systems, policies and procedures to better support students with disabilities?
CORE and our partner Pivot work with districts to evaluate existing general education and special education systems and develop action plans to improve practices and build capacity. We also provide guidance to develop and implement Multi-tiered Systems of Support to ensure every student receives high quality teaching and equitable academic and behavioral supports. Learn more.
Raise the bar for your special education students. Strengthen special education and general education teachers’ instructional skills to ensure all students excel, especially your most vulnerable. Contact us to discuss how CORE can create a custom professional learning program for your team.