The Center for the Collaborative Classroom has partnered with CORE (Consortium on Reaching Excellence in Education) to deliver professional learning in California for the 2016–2017 school year. This partnership builds on Collaborative Classroom’s literacy programs that foster students’ ongoing development as readers, writers, and caring members of the classroom community, and CORE’s long-term commitment to implementation support services that help customers build their own capacity for effective instruction by laying a foundation of research-based knowledge, supporting the use of proven tools, and developing leadership.
Which programs will CORE support?
- Being a Writer™: K–6 writing
- Being a Reader™: K–2 early reading
- Making Meaning®: K–8 reading comprehension and vocabulary
- SIPPS®: K–12 phonics, phonological awareness, and sight words
How do I request professional learning?
Schools and districts who purchase programs from Collaborative Classroom can request professional learning services by calling CORE (888.249.6155 x3), or filling out a request online.
How much does professional learning cost?
CORE will work with your district to develop an implementation plan. For every $50,000 purchased on program materials, districts will receive one complimentary day of professional learning. CORE charges $2,200 per day, plus travel costs.
Who is the CORE Team?
- Linda Diamond, President and author of the Teaching Reading Sourcebook and Assessing Reading: Multiple Measures
- Dale Webster, Ph.D., Chief Academic Officer and former Policy Consultant to the CA State Board of Education and former Project Manager at the Institute for Public School Initiatives – University of Texas
- Experienced Education Consultants who have been district and school administrators, classroom teachers, and specialists with deep technical understanding of Collaborative Classroom’s suite of literacy programs
What will CORE’s team bring to my implementation?
- A California-based company with over 20 years of experience improving the literacy achievement of students across the nation by equipping teachers and administrators with the knowledge and skills to be highly effective
- Thorough knowledge of core and intervention curricula with emphasis on the suite of Collaborative Classroom programs
- Strong grounding in the use of data to identify student learning needs and to target teacher support
- A long history implementing multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS)
- A proven record of leadership and teacher development focusing on job-embedded coaching and mentoring
- Impeccable collaboration and facilitation skills
- Proven results in urban, rural, and suburban schools