The Center for the Collaborative Classroom has partnered with CORE (Consortium on Reaching Excellence in Education) to deliver professional learning in California. This partnership builds on Collaborative Classroom’s literacy programs that foster students’ ongoing development as readers, writers, and caring members of the classroom community, and CORE’s long-term commitment to implementation support services that help customers build their own capacity for effective instruction by laying a foundation of evidence-based knowledge, supporting the use of proven tools, and developing leadership.
Which programs will CORE support?
- SIPPS®: K–12 Systematic Instruction in Phonemic Awareness, Phonics and Sight Words (the science of reading foundational skills curriculum)
- Being a Writer™: K–6 writing
How do I request professional learning?
Schools and districts who purchase programs from Collaborative Classroom can request professional learning services by filling out a request online.
Remote or in-person service
CORE can provide these trainings remotely, especially important during this time of social distancing, or onsite at your location once schools reopen. See the results that can be obtained when CORE consultants provide not only initial training but ongoing support for full implementation.
Who is the CORE team?
- Linda Diamond, President and author of the Teaching Reading Sourcebook and Assessing Reading: Multiple Measures
- Dale Webster, Ph.D., Chief Academic Officer and former Policy Consultant to the CA State Board of Education and former Project Manager at the Institute for Public School Initiatives – University of Texas
- Dr. Carrie Thomas Beck, Ph.D., Director of Literacy and national dyslexia expert
- Experienced Education Consultants who have been district and school administrators, classroom teachers, and specialists with deep technical understanding of Collaborative Classroom’s suite of literacy programs
What will CORE’s team bring to my implementation?
- A professional learning organization with over 25 years of experience improving the literacy achievement of students across the nation by equipping teachers and administrators with the knowledge and skills to be highly effective and to ensure equitable learning
- Thorough knowledge of core and intervention curricula with emphasis on the suite of Collaborative Classroom programs
- Strong grounding in the use of data to identify student learning needs and to target teacher support
- A long history implementing multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS)
- A proven record of leadership and teacher development focusing on job-embedded coaching and mentoring
- Impeccable collaboration and facilitation skills
- Expertise in the science of reading. In fact, CORE’s Online Elementary Reading Academy is approved in many states to teach educators the science of reading.