Presented by: Dr. Michelle Hosp
Associate Professor of Special Education at the University of Massachusetts Amherst
Dr. Arun Ramanathan
CEO of Pivot Learning
Since the 2017 Supreme Court ruling on Endrew F. v. Douglas County School District RE-1, many school districts have put a renewed focus on ensuring students with disabilities not only receive a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) but true educational equity.
During the webinar, Dr. Michelle Hosp, Associate Professor of Special Education at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and Dr. Arun Ramanathan, CEO of Pivot Learning, examine special education in the post-Endrew environment. These experts share:
- Common challenges faced by school districts and educators in complying with the Endrew ruling
- An overview of why ambitious IEPs with clear goals are more important than ever
- Strategies for collecting and analyzing data to guide IEP goals and interventions
- Strategies for evaluating IEP goals across a district to ensure rigor and consistency
- The importance of professional learning for special education and general education teachers and paraprofessionals to create inclusive classroom where all students, including students with disabilities, can meet their educational goals
Don’t miss this opportunity to gain insights into how other districts are setting high expectations for students with disabilities and supporting their progress toward meaningful goals.