Spend Some Time with 1 to 9 was designed by teachers, for teachers. These supplemental math activities fuse the latest in lesson design theory with practical classroom experience. The problem sets are designed to build fluency and number sense while requiring students to think about mathematical relationships.
Features of Spend Some Time with 1 to 9:
- Fun yet challenging problems: Activities are designed to build confidence and perseverance in your students as they become comfortable putting numbers together and taking them apart.
- Common Core State Standards alignment: Activities blend the mathematical practice and content standards, which are identified for each activity.
- Differentiated instruction: Multiple entry and exit points allow learners of varying levels to successfully solve problems.
- Flexible and extendable activities: Problems work for multiple grade levels and feature suggested prompts, questions, and ways you can further engage your students.
- Solutions: No guesswork because we provide solutions for every problem.
- Online prep quizzes: Optional web-based quizzes prep students for the activities.
- The K-8 edition consists of 25 activities working with whole numbers, rational numbers, and geometric figures.
- The 6-12 edition consists of 20 activities that include building fluency with fractions, proportions, algebraic expressions, and geometric concepts.
Make math fun while you build fluency and number sense. Spend Some Time with 1 to 9 facilitates deep learning with active and engaging practice.