This workshop is designed to prepare teachers for coherent and effective instruction by focusing on the connections between objectives, assessments and key learning topics for nine or more weeks of instruction. The content may be included as part of site visits or may be presented as a workshop depending on district/school need. The service emphasizes the following:
• Identifying key concepts and skills
• Articulating clear, measurable objectives
• Connecting objectives to standards
• Identifying or developing assessments to match objectives
• Understanding the development of concepts and skills within the course curriculum
• Planning to address areas of weakness if needed in the curriculum
• Anticipating and preparing for common misconceptions and issues
Develop an outline or plan for instruction based on your curriculum.
Describe objectives that are aligned with standards.
Identify assessments that are aligned with objectives.
Prepare for teaching by understanding the key concepts and skills that must be learned, the common misconceptions to be addressed and how assessments will be used to evaluate and guide instruction.
Audience: Administrators, all content-area teachers, coaches, and specialists
Format: One day
Materials: Participant Resource Guide