As schools and districts implement the Common Core and other state standards, intensive implementation support may become necessary. CORE is known for its technical expertise in turning around struggling districts. Our consultants provide specific and rigorous implementation support for many published programs, both core and intervention, and we get results!
Our consultants provide specific and rigorous implementation support for many published programs, both core and intervention, and we get results! Full district implementation of a comprehensive and effective literacy and math plan designed to prepare students for your state’s academic standards is essential to ensure aligned and coherent instruction. In districtwide projects, CORE assigns a District Implementation Advisor, an expert who works closely with the superintendent and district and site administrators and coaches, and serves as the liaison to CORE.
The CORE District Implementation Advisor provides the following services:
In the District
- Plan and strategize with the superintendent and cabinet
- Facilitate the alignment of ELA and/or math curriculum to standards, including the Common Core State Standards
- Implement MTSS/RtI
- Plan, develop, or fine-tune literacy/math plans with district leadership
- Lead walk-through visits to established demonstration sites to calibrate observations
- Develop and implement an assessment system, pacing plans, and intervention plans
- Review and provide training in program elements and routines to leadership
- Perform regular implementation status checks and problem-solve implementation challenges
- Mentor and train literacy specialists/coaches to be effective in their roles
- Facilitate district-level data study
- Conduct board presentations as requested
Outside the District
- Prepare reports and analysis (from CORE)
- Provide electronic and phone communication
- Coordinate communication with other CORE team members
- Develop special templates, forms, and agendas as needed
- Build capacity of site and district administrators to manage and monitor literacy/ mathematics instruction.
- Facilitate district literacy/ mathematics planning, communication, and coordination.
Levels: Elementary and/or middle and high school
Audience: District leadership, including superintendents, instructional team, CAOs, principals
Format: On-site and electronic and phone contact
Materials: Selected applicable resource and observation materials, templates and forms developed during work, customized to your needs