Reading and writing are the foundations of all learning. And, more than ever, strong literacy skills are essential to success in college and the workplace. CORE’s English Language Arts and literacy professional learning services provide preK-12 schools with a framework to implement and ensure the consistent use of evidence-based reading and writing instructional strategies.
As an approved AISD provider for literacy professional learning for teachers (RFP/P17-044), CORE Instructional Implementation Experts can work with your teachers to deepen their knowledge of reading, writing and language instruction and build their instructional skills. CORE also works with school and central office leaders to help them implement consistent processes to develop teachers’ reading, writing and language practices and create a professional literacy learning culture that fosters high achievement for all students.
AISD Approved Literacy Professional Learning Services
- On-site job embedded coaching, planning, modeling, and support
- Academic Leader Institute
- Elementary Reading Academy (Face-to-face) and Online Elementary Reading Academy
- Elementary or Secondary Language Conventions and Writing Fundamentals
- English Language Development Practices at the Elementary level or Secondary level
- Close Reading (both elementary and secondary)
- Building Comprehension through Question and Collaboration
- Adolescent Solutions: Multi-syllabic word attack, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension
- Narrative, Argumentative and Opinion Writing
CORE’s research-based instructional strategies align with AISD’s curriculum documents and TEKS and will prepare teachers to support the literacy learning needs of all students, including struggling readers, at-risk students and English language learners.