Please click the button below to download the whitepaper. You will learn the principles of effective instructional change, principles that CORE can help your leadership team better understand and implement with our three-day on-site Academic Leader Institute. Read more about the course below. If you have questions or would like more information about bringing the Academic Leader Institute to your district, call 888.249.6155 ext. 3 or email CORE’s President, Linda Diamond, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you’ll learn in the Changing Practices whitepaper, the biggest challenge in affecting instructional change is not teaching educators new approaches to teaching but implementing them.
CORE’s Academic Leader Institute equips district administrators, site administrators, instructional coaches, and leadership teams with a solid understanding of the issues for leadership around program implementation and alignment to the Common Core or other State Standards.
Participants will practice with resources used to analyze data, observe classroom teaching, monitor implementation over time, and plan intervention with teachers and students. The institute also includes research readings that focus on implementation and leadership. This institute can support any research-based program a district/school has adopted.
- Day 1 will focus on the role of the instructional leader, implementation science and the challenges of implementation. Instructional coaching and effective instruction, including an instructional rubric to measure effective instruction will also be a major focus of this day.
- Day 2 focuses on the scientific research on reading and mathematics. Assessment, particularly progress monitoring, and data analysis is a focus of the afternoon, including learning a process for leading data meetings.
- Day 3 addresses differentiation and RtI/MTSS and professional development, including strategies for evaluating the effectiveness of professional development and ways to build a learning culture. The afternoon will focus on strategies and resources to monitor implementation including classroom observation protocols and also address issues around organizational change and sustainability of implementation efforts.
- Understand the leadership issues that impact program implementation.
- Use data to identify what is working and who needs intervention.
- Implement data team meetings as tools to support achievement growth.
- Complete an on-going self-evaluation of components addressed during the training.
Audience: Superintendents, district administrators, school principals, instructional coaches, and other school leadership team members
Format: Three full days.