Part-Time CORE English Language Arts (ELA) Educational Consultant
Are you looking to be a part of the solution for change in K–12 education? Apply to become a CORE ELA Educational Consultant to help ensure all students receive equitable reading instruction. Our team is committed to addressing gaps in educator understanding and practice, pairing support with high expectations, allowing all students the opportunity to access high-quality instruction.
We are continuously looking for new elementary, middle/high school, or K-12 CORE ELA Consultants who are ready to be assigned to client projects as needed. Potential consultants must be available a minimum of 20 hours per month, and up to 40 hours per month. Once added to CORE’s consultant pool, projects will be assigned as opportunities are finalized with our clients. Note that this work will not involve a consistent schedule; typical client engagements involve multiple 2- or 3-day trips to the client site for in-person delivery, and/or multiple online sessions for remote delivery.
As an ELA Educational Consultant, you’ll embark on a new career path with a flexible schedule, part-time hours and the opportunity to train and mentor teachers in evidence-based instructional practices that will increase student reading achievement. Apply today!
CORE ELA Consultants provide professional development services in reading and language arts, either traveling to client sites or facilitating remote sessions, to deliver a range of services. CORE’s services involve providing consultation on evidence-based ELA instruction and program implementation, including but not limited to providing demonstration lessons specific to identified curricula, classroom observations and feedback, side-by-side teaching and coaching, MTSS support, supporting school or district administrators and coaches, and assisting with implementation plans. ELA consultants typically also provide PD in a workshop setting (in person or remotely) using CORE presentation materials.
- Master’s degree in reading, curriculum or another education-related field. A specialist credential is preferred especially if you are applying to work with grades 6–12.
- At least 5 years of successful ELA teaching experience is required within the grade bands for which you are applying to work ( PK–5, 6–12, or K–12).
- Two or more years as an ELA coach/consultant providing professional learning services to teachers and administrators, across multiple schools within a district or a region.
- Strong foundational knowledge in evidence-based reading/ELA instruction and research on teaching reading/language arts or ELA at the elementary and/or secondary level.
- In-depth knowledge of the Common Core State Standards and/or other state standards for English Language Arts.
- Knowledgeable about effective skills and strategies for diverse learners, special education students, and non-native English speakers.
- A history of educational work centered on equitable outcomes for students most underserved by our educational system; an understanding of the concepts and impact of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and facilitate effective presentations, both in-person and virtually, which include responsiveness, flexibility, and the ability to exercise good judgment. Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Experience, and high degree of comfort, with facilitating using remote synchronous learning platforms such as Zoom.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of programs and publisher materials, including reading intervention programs and reading/ELA assessments, particularly CBM assessments, is preferred.
- Experience in a variety of school settings serving diverse populations is preferred.
- Able and willing to travel, including to remote locations, when travel conditions are safe.
- Expertise in English language development, supporting instruction for Multilingual learners, and/or students with disabilities is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft suite of products and internet resources is a plus.
CORE ELA Consultants are compensated on an hourly basis for each assignment, plus travel time.
In your cover letter, please comment on how your skills and experience align with this position, and how you heard about this position.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we welcome applications from persons of every race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, culture, ancestry, religion, national orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and for whom English is not their first language.
Submit an application for the position of ELA Educational Consultant here.
Submit your resume and cover letter here as one combined file.