New Mexico’s Multi-Layered System of Supports (MLSS) intervention framework is part of the state’s mission to ensure ALL students are ready for success in college, career and life. A MLSS enables teachers and health and wellness staff to intervene quickly when students are struggling academically or behaviorally by providing immediate support to those students in an educational crisis.
This regional workshop is designed to help district and school leadership teams effectively implement the academic side of MLSS and lead sustainable instructional change. Over three days you’ll focus on reading and math within MLSS.
- Learn the elements of successful school-based implementation.
- Discover the key roles and responsibilities of school leaders and school-based teams.
- Master scientifically sound measures for universal screening and progress monitoring.
- Learn proven processes for qualifying students for special education and creating specific and rigorous individualized education program (IEP) goals.
- Learn to design comprehensive, coordinated, and evidence-based instruction and intervention strategies across tiers of increasing intensity in reading and math.
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for school leadership teams involved in the design and implementation of MLSS.
- Special Education Coordinators
- Lead Teachers
- Central Office Leaders: Assistant Superintendents of Instruction, MLSS/MTSS Coordinators, Special Ed Directors/Coordinators, EL Coordinators
$750 per participant. Fees include $175 worth of materials as well as continental breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack each day. Lodging will be at participants’ own expense. See below for hotel recommendations nearby the venue.
Bring a team and save!
$695 each for teams of three or more that register at the same time
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 540-4200 ext. 4.
A full refund of registration fees is available if cancelled 30 days or more prior to the workshop start date. A 50% refund is available if less than 30 days but more than 14 days prior to workshop start date.
Call 510-540-4200 ext. 4 to cancel a registration 14 or more days prior to the workshop start date.
No refunds are available 13 days or less prior to the workshop start date or anytime on or after the workshop start date.
Distance from facility – 0.9 miles
Distance from facility – 1.6 miles
Hilton Garden Inn
Distance from facility – 1.7 miles
Hampton Inn and Suites
Distance from facility – 3.3 miles
Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque/Journal Center
Distance from facility – 3.5 miles